Immune deficiency is a disorder of the immune system characterized by a disruption in the production of antibodies. Patients with a disrupted immune system are more susceptible to infections. Those repeatedly manifest themselves and often are uncommon and serious. Regular substitution of so-called immunoglobulins or an enzyme replacement therapy enables the body to build a defense mechanism and guard patients from infections.
To help patients keep up their immune system, Remedus offers a program dependent on the patient’s needs:
- A training within the scope of his or her therapy, whether accompanied by a home nurse or not
- The necessary material and equipment for the treatment at home with intravenous administration of immunoglobulins or enzyme replacement therapy
- Delivery of medication at home
- The possibility to keep an online diary
- An extra point of contact in the case of technical problems and/or questions concerning his or her therapy