When someone suffers from a bowel disease, they sometimes do not absorb enough nutrients. Drip-feed helps to prevent undernourishment. Nutrition support is also useful for people who have trouble swallowing or are underfed.
Remedus helps patients with drip-feed to live a fuller and richer life by offering them the possibility to administer nutrition in their home environment:
- Training of home nurses in administering drip-feed with the help of a pump or gravity
- Providing the necessary material and equipment
- Intensive follow-up of administered nutrition, vital parameters and symptoms
- Helping the patient’s health-care team to quickly detect changes in the clinical picture by intensively monitoring vital parameters and symptoms
Patients who are being administered parenteral nutrition for a long time, will be treated at home more and more often and will not be required stay at the hospital anymore. The patient benefits from home treatment: he or she receives his or her treatment in his or her own trusted and comfortable home environment and is being still monitored by his or her doctor and a multidisciplinary team.
Remedus ensures home treatment runs smoothly. Remedus’s role in the implementation of ambulant intravenous nutrition is:
- Providing the necessary material and equipment for home treatment
- Appointing a trained home nurse (if desired)
- Training the patient/caregiver and home nurses in administering parenteral nutrition with the help of a pump or gravity
- Intensive follow-up of the administered nutrition, vital parameters and symptoms